I don't usually do these (I could spend a lot of time on them if I did), but what the heck...was sent to me by someone I'd like to know better, and I'm sending it on to at least one person who might want to play, or at least be interested to see it...
1. FIRST NAME? Tom
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? One of my dad's best friends from high
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? define "cry"...I got misty-eyed watching a rerun
of the Simpsons this evening (the one where Bart sells his "soul" to
Milhouse for five bucks and Lisa ends up buying it back for him).
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Nope, it's why I print - and I don't like
the look of that much either :-(
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? meat? wrong guy. how 'bout I say
6. KIDS? only my canine "children"
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sure. Well, I
guess it depends on who the other person I am is. (God, that's a weird-
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Sort of.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Sarcasm? Who, little ol' me? Never. No way.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope, hacked out of me at a young age.
Probably taken for cloning experiments or something.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Maybe
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Kashi's "Seven in the Morning" (sort of
like an super-version of Grape Nuts). Have to admit sometimes I get
nostalgic for Frosted Flakes or Cap'n Crunch, though.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Can't get them off
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? In some ways yes. In others I know I'm
very weak, we all are so fragile.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM ? don't do dairy but love a good
coconut sorbet. With a little Captain Morgan's spiced rum on top, yum.
16. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? body language -
aggressive? inviting? confident? shy?
17. RED OR PINK? Red. I've been working on my relationship with that color
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? At the moment, it's
that I am such a slob about keeping my space clean, that's really
annoying me now as I try to catch up on cleaning and wonder how I got
so far behind
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? not sure...I miss the best me, who pops out
every once in a while and does something cool. I miss the relationship
I had with my grandfather, my mother's father, when I was a kid, but I
don't greatly miss the man I grew up to know. There are friends I miss
a bit but know I'll see again soon enough.
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I hate to put that on
people, but if you like...
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES YOU ARE WEARING? grey shorts, no shoes
22. THE LAST THING YOU ATE? dinner was a heat-and-eat Indian meal from
Trader Joe's (Punjab? Eggplant)
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Fans blowing air around. Hey, I
ought to put some music on...now it's Tom Waits, "16 Shells From a
Thirty-Ought-Six", on the playlist.
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Midnight blue. Or Sea
25. FAVORITE SMELL? cinnamon. jasmine. really good whiskey.
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? actually talked? My
mom, before I went to visit my folks Sunday. Left a message? A guy
asking about a shiatsu session.
27. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes ;-)
28. FAVORITE DRINK? green tea
29. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? On TV, maybe boxing. Amateur (like the
Olympics) or the light/middleweight pros, there's usually a lot more
artistry than in the heavyweight ranks. Live, I saw the best wiffle
ball game at Starwood a few weeks ago...
30. HAIR COLOR? dark brown. We'll ignore the grey bits for now, ok?
31. EYE COLOR? brown
32. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope
34. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? how about a scary movie with a happy
ending? Like maybe "Shaun of the Dead"?
35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? "V for Vendetta". Not a great adaptation, I
suggest you read Alan Moore's original graphic novel instead.
36. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? not wearing one
37. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer. definitely.
38. HUGS OR KISSES? from who? I'll share a sincere hug with anyone, but I'm
a little more selective about who I kiss :-)
39. FAVORITE DESSERT? the vegan chocolate cake from the late lamented
Funk's Democratic Coffee Spot, how I miss it!
40. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? dunno
41. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? dunno
42. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? For fun, just finished re-reading the second
"Harry Potter" books. I'm working my way slowly at random through a
few books for research on the Zen Paganism book I want to write:
there's one about Alister Crowley ("The Eye in the Triangle"), another
about the history of the Beats and Buddhism ("Big Sky Mind").
43 WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? my mouse (actually a trackball). The pad is
44. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST ON TV? the Simpsons rerun I mentioned above
45. FAVORITE SOUNDS? distant thunder. little kids laughing. a karate class
all giving a good kiai at once. a guy playing electric guitar in the
Boston subway one afternoon a few years ago, playing exactly the music
that was in my head
46. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles to listen to, though I play more
Stones tunes on the guitar
47. THE FURTHEST YOU BEEN FROM HOME? Japan
48. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can do a lot of different interesting
things - play guitar, break boards with my hands, blow smoke rings,
program computers, do shiatsu, open a cheap lock with a paperclip,
write poems. I don't know if I actually have *talent* at any of them,
though, a lot of times it's just sticking with it until you learn it.
Maybe learning a bunch of different stuff is a talent?
49. WHEN WERE YOU BORN? January 12 1970, a little before 10pm
50. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Baltimore, Maryland, at Mercy Hospital
DIRECTIONS: Now, here's what you're supposed to do..and please do not spoil
Hit reply, delete my answers and type in your answers. Then send this to a
whole bunch of people you know INCLUDING the person who sent it to you. The
theory is that you will learn a lot of little known facts about those who
know you...Remember to send it back to the person who sent it to you!