I recently received a flier from the local neighborhood watch group, "Westchester Citizens On Patrol". I don't have anything against neighborhood watches, but I almost had to chuckle about the list of local crimes in this flier:
1. Assault and trespassing off of Norhurst Way
2. Motorcycle stolen at gunpoint off of Stonewall.
3. Murder on Meyers Drive.
4. Large rock thrown through car windshield near St. Paul’s Church and on Meyers Drive.
5. Alert from Wilkens Precinct regarding a spike in vehicle break-‐ins
6. House egged on Norhurst Way North
I'm sure that folks having their house egged found it a mess and quite upsetting. But to put that in the same list with a motorcycle-jacking and a murder...that's a bit anti-climactic, to say the least.